- 2 C organic dried Just Jujubes
- Water to cover
- Grated organic fresh ginger to taste
- Place jujube fruit in large pot. Cover the top of the fruit with water, over about ½ inch. Turn on stove and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer about 1 hour. Fruit will soften and split open. The liquid in the pot will begin to thicken and darken.
- Remove from heat. Grate fresh ginger into pot and mix.
- Allow to cool. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove from refrigerator and reheat to boiling.
- Drain liquid into a glass container, reserving jujube fruit.
- Enjoy as a nourishing hot healthful tonic tea!
- Remove pits from remaining fruit and use the remaining jujube fruit for hot cereal or as topping for non-dairy yogurt. Use in the “No –Bake” Brownie recipe*.